Whether you are a professional builder, architect, or self-builder, we can supply and install SIP panels for you across a range of garden room designs and styles. We will supply you with the shell of the structure only but can also offer you a full turn-key solution through our partnership with local garden build specialists – see below for more info on how you can bring your project to life.
Small garden buildings (under 30m2)
If you dream of building your own inspiring workspace, home yoga studio, or a special place for the kids to play our sustainable SIPs structures are the perfect choice for your project. Want something bespoke? We understand that every garden is different, and we appreciate that you may want a unique size and layout to meet your specific project needs. That’s why we have teamed up with a network of local main contractors who specialise in bespoke garden building installation, who we can happily recommend, and who can provide you with the full package of works. They will be your main point of contact and be responsible for all work before and after the installation of our SIPs shell structure. If you have your own carpenter or builder in mind, we’ll happily provide them with the full kit of parts allowing them to install your SIPs structure and then complete it to your own style. If you would like us to look at your small garden build project then please complete our enquiry form.
Large garden buildings (above 30m2)
For garden building projects over 30m2, we can build in a range of different design styles and will work closely with you to determine the best way to optimise your structure for a SIPs build system. We will also work with your architect and main contractor to design your SIPs annexe style garden project. Our specialist crew will manufacture and install a complete SIPs shell for your garden building (subject to building regulations). We build with premium 178mm panels across unless otherwise specified, and you can work with your main contractor to choose to finish your garden building however you wish. SIPs are a fantastic choice for your garden structure due to the increased speed of installation, their thermal performance and added value for money over more traditional methods.
Large garden builing – what’s included?
We manufacture and install (large, over 30m2 only) a complete shell for your garden structure, containing the requisite number of SIPs to construct the walls, floor and roof, to the specific design and measurements from your architect’s plans.
You can then choose to finish your garden room however you wish. We aim to make life as simple as possible and supply all the elements needed for construction:
- Design, manufacture and installation of your SIPs structure
- Sole and wall plates, timber fixing splines and joining timbers
- Structural engineer calculations and justifications (if required)
- Engineered Glulam timber beams if required
- Caberdeck (22mm) moisture resistant T&G flooring
- Treated timber floor frame with 70mm, foil-backed insulation*
- Windows and door apertures pre-cut and structurally framed with timber
- Specialist SIPs screw fixings, adhesives and sealants
- Walls and roof wrapped with breather membrane to achieve weatherproofing
- Haulage and secure delivery to site
A great building needs strong foundations. That’s why you’ll need to consider the type of base that your garden build will be constructed on. Our package does not include foundations and is offered on the basis that all groundworks have been installed by others prior to our arrival on site. We recommend one of three types of foundation to be in place ahead of the SIPs structure installation, simply let us know which type you are using and then we will provide you/your builder with a detailed drawing of the floor section for you to share with the groundworks company. We will require photographs of the installed groundworks before site installation.
Ground screws are large galvanised screws that replace the need to dig traditional foundations and lay concrete. As the name would suggest, these foundations are screwed into the ground to depths typically between 1.2m and 5.0m, using specialist equipment to create a strong and level platform for your garden room, office or leisure building. Environmentally, ground screws offer a huge reduction of emitted carbon compared to a traditional concrete base. We recommend the Great British Ground Screw Company or ProScrew as our preferred suppliers.
Pads offer another innovative solution, especially where the rocky ground makes digging really difficult. Environmentally, the pads can also be a great way to reduce your carbon impact. That’s why we’ve teamed up with a preferred supplier that produces its pads from 100% recycled plastic – we recommend Jackpad.
Concrete slabs can also be used as the base for your SIPs structure. Through our established network of main contractors, we can recommend local professionals to assist with this process if necessary.
Why choose SIPs for your garden building?
- SIPs can be erected up to 60% faster than with traditional construction methods
- Unlike traditional construction methods which rely on good weather, SIPs are erected regardless of the conditions
- Our EPS core insulation is 98% air and just 2% plastic, it’s 100% recyclable and provides an incredible U-value of 0.21 (178mm panel)
- A SIPs lightweight shell reduces the need for machinery and concrete production on-site (lowering your CO2 emission)
- Our timber OSB and structural framework come from sustainable FSC accredited sources
- SIP structures are more attractive to future buyers, achieve a higher sale price due to low running costs